Hockey continues toward Wickenhieser cup

Out of the 41 teams in Midstates Hockey, the Spartans are ranked 19th which gave the team the 3rd seed in the Wickenhieser cup tournament. Although the boys will not be playing for the state cup, they do have a chance to play at the Scott Trade Center.

“In our first round, we played Priory and won both games 6-0 and 6-1,” Coach Tom Mueller said. “In the second round, we played Duchesne on Friday and won a close one 2-1.”

After a five game winning streak, Coach Mueller beileves their chances at a WIckenhieser cup win are good.

“The team has been playing very well winning our last five games, and that gives us momentum going into the playoff,” Coach Mueller said.

Due to the momentum, the coaches predictions for the next games are positive.

“The players and coaching staff are very optimistic about making it to the finals,” Coach Mueller said. “Winning the Wichenheiser cup would be a great accomplishment to this team and give them a sense of pride to end the season.”

The team’s next game is Monday at 6:30p.m. at the Rec Plex south.