Boys swimming wades into season

With their season well underway, the boys swimming team has recently returned from a meet in Springfield. The meet marks the fifth in their season, and sets their sights for the end of the season.

The meet in Springfield was the team’s biggest yet, with a multitude of teams attending.

“We got back from Springfield, which had 10 to 12 teams, and we placed eighth,” said junior Jeff Connor. “We’ve had 4 other meets, all against one team each.”

While the team may not currently be performing at its prime, there is still a good potential for the end of the season.

“We’ve only won one meet,” said Connor. “We’re getting better, and definitely showing promise.”

As for why the team has been performing less than aptly so far, Connor attributes it to just a start of the season warm-up.

“We’ve had a shaky start,” said Connor. “There are a lot of new people, so I feel like we will get a lot better.”

However, the team is still improving. According to Connor, the team still performed well, given the circumstances.

“I think we did better [than previous meets],” said Connor. “There was more competition, and the long trip was a good bonding experience for the team.”