Boys swimming prepares for GACs

On Saturday, the boys swim team competed in a Fort Zumwalt West invitational relay meet.

Though the meet is not a majorly competitive one, the team is using it to gear up for the swimming GACs.

“It was an invitational meet for relays,” said junior Eric Macy. “It was really just a fun meet.”

The meet took place in the morning, and though they were tired, the swim team performed to the best of their ability.

“It was hard to do in the morning,” said junior Shashank Nedungadi. “We still went for great times, a lot of people did their best.”

However, some of the swimmers may have performed at less than their best.

“Some people’s times were slower, but we did good,” said Macy. “Most people placed.”

Even though the meet was not the best on their record, the team is still improving.

“We are really improving [from past meets], though we lost a lot of people who were here last year,” said Nedungadi. “There’s a lot of talent, and we are improving on it.”

Over the next few weeks, the swim team is unlikely to see a lot of major meets. The next month will consist of a large amount of improving upon ability already present.

“We have some meets, and a lot of practices, we are trying to be serious,” said Nedungadi. “There’s a month and a half until GACs, and we need to stay focused for them.”