Meet at Parkway West

Girls take 5th

On September 30th the Spartan cross country team went to All Christians in Washington. There were several schools competing at the meet including Parkway Central, Howell North, and Fort Zumwalt West . This is one of their biggest meets this season.
We asked Senior Evan Armstrong some questions before the meet. “It’s a fast course, probably won’t be too difficult of a course. The competition with the other schools is going to be hard though.” When asked what it was going to be like to run and then immediately shower, change, and go to the agreed meeting place for homecoming he said “It’s going to be interesting” he said. “I never really put much thought into it.”
After the meet we asked Sophomore Lanie Morris how the team did as a whole.“I don’t really remember. I know we did pretty good and the course was flat with just a couple of hills that helped us pass some of the other schools. I beat my personal best of 26:05.”
The track itself wasn’t the only obstacle that needed to be overcome. “The race was easy,” said Junior Alise Grogg, “but the heat made it a lot harder than it normally would have been.” A highlight for Alise was getting a new personal best of 25:33 despite the heat of the day.
The Varsity boys came in 18th place with a score of 448 for the 5,000 meter dash, the sophomore boys came in 8th place with a score of 239 for the same event, and the freshman boys came in 14th place with a score of 350 for the 5,000 meter. The official team score for the girl’s cross country team was 186 in 5th place. The sophomore and freshman girls came in 7th place with a score of 170.

We motivate each other which is really nice.

— Lanie Morris