Serving FHC Proud

Girls volleyball’s incredibly successful season thus far has prompted much excitement throughout our community!
Shaun Matz
Fort Zumwalt West bumps the ball over the net, with FHC’s girls working to send it back

The girls volleyball team has been serving up an impressive start to their season. With an inspiring record of (15-8) bringing excitement throughout the halls of FHC. Student engagement has proven to be very lively, inspiring a powerful team culture surrounding the games. 

“The attitude on the team is very uplifting and encouraging. We have a lot of fun during practices and games.” Mackenzie Sansone said. 

Our student section was filled with students. Creating some emotion and excitement for the girls. We didn’t win but it was a strong motivator for us to keep fighting.

— Alexa Sansone

This spreading enthusiasm surrounding the sport and the team has fostered a fighting spirit within the team’s players. Their eagerness to represent the team has created countless opportunities for its members to grow closer, and establish a lively community throughout the team.

“ Volleyball being a team sport creates communication skills, listening skills, and a chance to be a part of a community that builds off of one another,”  Alexa Sansone said.

The dedication required to excel in volleyball, necessitates a tight-knit community, working to make connections, and create meaningful relationships. These relationships can be formed through struggle, success , failure, and sometimes off the court. 

‘My favorite experience so far this year has been our bus rides. Riding to and from games as a team leads to great conversation and gives us a chance to really unleash our personalities without having to worry about volleyball,” Alexa Sansone said. 

Volleyball offers something truly unique to everyone who participates in it. If you’re someone hoping to join something meaningful, Mackenzie Sansone has a message for you.

“I would recommend volleyball to anyone with a driven mindset and to those who love to compete while also meeting life long friends,” Mackenzie Sansone said.