Two wrestlers advance to finals; five others still active

Day two of the state wrestling tournament ended with two wrestlers finding themselves in matches to compete for the state title in their respective weight classes.

Senior Ben Henson will compete for a title in the 119-pound weight class against Antoine White of Hazelwood West. While Senior Terrel Wilbourn will face off against Keenan Hagerty of Blue Springs in the 140-pound championship. Henson feels that this is his time to shine.

“It feels like I should be here,” said Henson, who defeated his semifinal opponent 5-1 to advance to the finals. “I have earned my way here. I’ve wrestled for eight years; it’s my turn.”

Sophomore John Wood (135), seniors Andy King (152), Luke Knoche (160), Matt Greene (171) and Wyatt Miller (189) will be competing today in wrestlebacks for a chance to finish in third place in their respective weight brackets.

Junior Cole Anderon (215) and seniors Justin Dickey (145) and Brian Paur (Hwt.) were eliminated from wrestlebacks yesterday.

At the end of day two, Francis Howell Central is in third place with 94.5 points. The team is half a point behind Park Hill in second and 48.5 points behind leader Blue Springs, who has 148 points.

Wrestlebacks will begin at 10 a.m. while finals will begin around 4 p.m. Follow live.FHCtoday.com to stay up-to-date on the wrestler’s matches throughout the day.