Spartans prepare for semifinal matches

As the semifinals approach, the hockey team is preparing for victory and the chance to move on to the finals in the Challenge Cup. As Head Coach Tom Mueller predicted, their opponent in the semifinals will be SLUH.

“[T]his week is huge,” said junior forward Chase Rey, who also plays for the Jr. Blues and is traveling with that team, as well as practicing for the Spartans’ games this week. “With having a lot of guys playing select teams, it’s tough to have a full squad at practice, but we’re going to need to try before SLUH games.”

Rey believes that even though having full practices, the team will do well because he has many skilled teammates and they are used to playing together.

“[W]e made it this far and we’ve done well so I don’t think we need to change anything up really,” said Rey. “Just a hard week of practice and [coming] ready to play Thursday night.”

The first game against SLUH is tomorrow night at 6:30 p.m. at the Hardee’s IcePlex, and the second game will also be played there Saturday night at 9 p.m.