Challenge Cup to be played at Scottrade March 8

The Spartan hockey team is heading to the Challenge Cup Finals for the first time ever on Tuesday, March 8. The game will be held at the Scottrade Center at 8 p.m. The Spartans will be playing CBC, a team that has ended their advancement in the playoffs many years in the past.

The doors at the Scottrade open at 4:30 p.m., and the cost for the game is $11; all seats are general admission. Between the Rockwood/Holt game and the FHC/CBC game, there will be a trophy presentation for Spartans for their division championship. Coach Tom Mueller hopes that much of the student body will attend the game to support their team. The team will be leaving from Fairmount Elementary School at 4:45 p.m.

“It would be great to have a lot of the student body there to send them off and wish them luck,” said Coach Mueller. “Of course, we would like to see a big crowd down at the game and any student that wishes to go can follow the bus out.”

The hockey cheerleaders will be selling official FHC State Hockey T-shirts in the lobby of the Rec Plex South Rink from 7-9 p.m. tonight and from 5-7 p.m. Saturday night. The cost of the shirts is $8.