Girls perform well at their meets

Last weekend, the Spartan track team competed at the Washington University meet. Despite the snow and harsh conditions, the team still performed well. The women’s track team placed sixth out of 14 teams.

“Haley Decker placed third pole vaulting at a height of 7’6″, the team of Allison Berck, Destinee Corrigan, Kaela Henry, Kristen Warncke placed third in 400 meter relay, the team of Allison Berck, Kristen Warncke, Alexa Berhorst, Erica Hiza placed second in the 1600 meter relay, and Allison Berck placed third in the 200 meter dash with a time of 29.25 seconds,” said Coach Travis Wilson.

Also, the Spartan track team competed in a freshmen/sophomore meet on Wednesday, March 30.

“Courtney Haupt won a silver medal in the discus, the team of Kristen Warncke, Bria Miller, Destinee Corrigan and Kaela Henry won a bronze medal in the 1600 meter relay, Kaela Henry won a bronze medal in the 100 meter dash, and Marissa Herdt won a bronze medal in the shot put,” said Coach Travis Wilson, “Come out Friday night to Howell North and watch your Spartan Track team compete in the Knight Relays!”