High hopes for track

Track’s season is just about to begin at FHC, and there are some star players that expect more than average from their teammates, and themselves.

Senior Joe McDevitt is one of those players. He is looking forward to the new season and what it has to bring for the younger members of the team.

“[I] think as a team we are going to have a great year,” McDevitt said. “Last year we had a lot of underclassmen step up and they have a year of experience under their belt now so I expect great things from them.”

However, it’s not just the underclassmen that McDevitt is expecting great things from. He’s looking at himself to bring the team ahead, too.

“Personally I expect myself to place in state in the discus and to get the new school record in shot. I have high goals for myself and hopefully I can achieve them,” McDevitt said. “I am very excited to see what this season has to bring.”

Others share the same sentiments, one being junior Abby Woods. She agrees with McDevitt’s predictions for the new season.

“I’m pretty excited for it,” Woods said. “We’ve worked really hard. If you go to the workouts, I think it helps. I think we’re going to do pretty good this year.”