Swinging into Success

Seniors Addie Johnson and Kate Baranowski pose with their “Senior Night” medals before the match against FZW on Sept. 19th. With this being their last season of high school tennis, they’re determined to win the match.

The sun is blazing, the air feels heavy, but fiery passion grows within the varsity girls tennis team as they swing into their Senior Night match on Sept. 19. Parents, family, and friends have gathered behind the fence to support their seniors as they play against Fort Zumwalt West and earn an overall win among the various matches. 

“I lost doubles and won my singles match,” said Kate Baranowski, a varsity tennis player, “but I think I did well this season. I’m working on my net-play, and also being in the right spot at the right time.” 

While this is only one game among the various tennis matches the varsity girls will have this season, they’ve proved they can triumph and hope to continue scoring high for the rest of the season. 

Seniors Addie Johnson and Kate Baranowski pose with their “Senior Night” medals before the match against FZW on Sept. 19th. With this being their last season of high school tennis, they’re determined to win the match. (Milo Nichols)
Senior Avery Hellmann prepares to hit the ball fierclely towards her opponent after losing a point. (Milo Nichols)
Senior Bethany List throws the ball into the air and prepares to strike it across the net. (Milo Nichols)
Seniors Ava Sheehan and Addie Johnson scope out the competition before their first serve. Sept. 19th. (Milo Nichols)
Seniors Ava Sheehan and Addie Johnson focus in as the Sept. 19th match heats up. (Milo Nichols)
Senior Bethany List lunges to return the ball served by FZW. (Milo Nichols)
An FZW players strikes the ball senior Bethany List hits across the net. (Milo Nichols)
Seniors Bethany List and Kate Baranowski rush towards the ball to return it to their FZW opponents. (Milo Nichols)
Seniors Kate Baranowski and Bethany List high five with their rackets to celebrate a point earned. (Milo Nichols)
Senior Ava Sheehan focuses on the ball, her racket prepared to strike. (Milo Nichols)