Team stays confident despite unsuccessfulness

This weekend, the boys volleyball team went head-to-head-to-head with 20 teams at a tournament. Their first game was against Lafayette, and it did not go as well as the team planned.

“We lost to Lafayette in the first round of bracket play in the gold bracket, and ended with seventh place finish overall,” Coach Mark McAfee.

While seventh place was not what the team expected, senior outside hitter Jack Gamache believes they did well playing a team of their caliber.

“We played a tough game against Lafayette,” Gamache said. “We lost in the third game, but our seventh place finish doesn’t show what we did. We played better than that.”

Regardless of their place, Gamache is optimistic about their season ending at the state level.

“I think we’ll end up going into the state championship against DeSmet,” Gamache said. “Our team is full of winners, and our coaching staff will lead us to state.”

Senior libero Garrett Navratil believes the team chemistry is what will bring them to state in the end.

“Our team is unreal,” Navratil said. “We’ve been playing together for years now, and we really work well together.”