Art Club plans to hit the ground running, redeem loss

With the Homecoming parade coming up at the end of September, Art Club is attempting to hit the ground running and start working on its float as soon as possible. However, the first meeting held on August 16 brought a disappointing turnout, according to Art Club sponsor Amy Roesslein.

“I think the lack of announcements and the meeting for the A+ Program kept people from coming,” said Ms. Roesslein.

Art Club rescheduled the meeting for tomorrow and plans to begin going over ideas for its Homecoming Parade float. All students are welcome to come and see what Art Club is all about.

“We’re looking for any one who enjoys art, whether they consider themselves artists or not. We can easily find a job for them to do,” said Ms. Roesslein.

Students planning to attend the meeting should bring $5 to cover the cost of food that will be provided for each meeting, as well as many ideas about what they think the float should look like.

Once the theme of the float is decided, Art Club will be meeting every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2:30-5 p.m. up until the parade on Sept. 30. Ms. Roesslein feels the amount of time put into the float really brings members together, and that the Art Club will be ready for redemption after taking second place in the float contest last year.

“Creating the float is all about camaraderie,” said Rosslein. “It will be a lot of fun but a lot of work because we definitely want to make a comeback after our loss to theatre last year.”