Homecoming week marches on

Each year, along with spirit days, Homecoming week brings the powder puff game, the parade, and the Homecoming game. The parade will be Sept. 29 at 6p.m. The parade route, posted above, will leave from the main school entrance, go down Hwy N toward Mannino’s, and loop back around to finish where it started. Clubs and teams are allowed to create a float and participate in the parade.

“It will be fun because we get to play pep music,” freshman Emily Lager said. “I’ve never been in a parade before, so it’s really exciting.”

Soon after, the powder puff game will begin, in which the freshmen play the sophomores, and the juniors play the seniors. At half time, the Studsations will be preforming their rehearsed dance.

“It’s something people wouldn’t normally expect guys to be doing, so it’s really funny to watch.” senior Shannon Kelley said.

The Friday night lights come on for the Spartans Homecoming game. Although the game is much anticipated, junior Kayla Schmidt has a very pessimistic view on the game.

“We have a one in a million chance of winning,” Schmidt said. “[West] went to the semis last year. They are a really good team, and our football team isn’t that good.”

Even if the team is unable to win its Homecoming game, the students who are attending the Homecoming dance still have that to look forward to.

“It’s my senior year, and it’s my last chance to go to Homecoming,” senior Amber Roth said. “I don’t want to miss out on anything.”