Singers do well at MSHSAA

On Tuesday, April 17, both Chamber Choirs went to All State Large Group Festival, hosted by Missouri State High School Athletics Association, or MSHSAA. The Women’s Chamber Choir and Mixed Chamber Choir both received a ranking of a two, and according to Director Elisabeth Baird, did an excellent job.

“I am so proud of them!” said Baird. “They put in so much hard work to make this a successful event, and it really pulled off.”

Along with the Festival, the choirs will be hosting a concert on May 3 at 7 p.m.

“[The concert]’s free of charge,” said senior Kayla Kammermeyer. “We want everyone to come and enjoy a nice night.”

The concert will feature many genres of music from Latin to popular music today. Senior Spencer Millfelt will be featured in a Swahili rock song.

“We will be honoring many of our seniors that night,” said Baird. “It is going to be a great time.”

This will be the seniors’ last concert aside from graduation, where they will be singing “Some Place Only We Know” by Keane, as well as the National Anthem.