Scholars Assemble

Scholar Quiz Bowl’s previous season ended in a rather abrupt and anti-climactic way last season when the team was unable to attend districts. It wasn’t that the team was lacking trivial knowledge, instead the season ended due to bad timing.

Along with the club, many of the team’s members were involved in FHC’s spring musical the same weekend, and to top it all off, many of them had also planned on taking the ACT that morning. However, it’s a new season now, and the team has already assembled, and they attended a meeting with the other Scholar Quiz Bowl teams last week.

“Last Tuesday, we called it a ‘get acquainte’d competition night.” said Scholar Quiz Bowl sponsor Sharon King. “We wanted to have one night where everybody could meet each other. It was at Orchard Farms.”

Orchard Farms recently joined the league, which includes all three FHSD high schools, Fort Zumwalt North, and two Wentzville schools: Timberland and Holt. Along with a new school, many new competitors joined the FHC team this year.

“I have more kids signed up this year which is exciting. There’s a team of six seniors, and my JV team has three freshmen and five sophomores.” said King, who seems very optimistic about the new season.

“It’s going to be a great year.” said King. Scholar Quiz Bowl’s first competition is Tuesday, November 13th.