Oct. 25, 2011

Announcements

Daily announcements will now be available on www.fhctoday.com at the following link: https://www.fhctoday.com/delve/daily-announcements

In addition, these announcements will be available via text message. To get them via text those interested can do the following:

Open a text message

In the message field type: Follow FHCtoday

Send the message to the following number: 40404

Detention is now open and available for students to serve their detentions.

Detentions are every morning at 6:30-7:15.

You may also serve detentions everyday at 2:30 – you must report to the cafeteria on time. Or, you may serve detentions on Saturday from 9:00 – noon.

This Friday Club 300 will be hosting a Pizza Party tailgate before we take on North starting at 5:30 in room 003. If you want to join us, the cost will be 10 dollars for a 300 t-shirt, pizza and soda.

Attention all students who signed up for the PSAT, the test will be given on Wednesday, October 26th, the first 4 hours of the day.  Please report to 1st hour that day and you will be dismissed over the intercom.

All FCCLA and Sophomore Class Officers, please see Mrs. Bear for your pass to group pictures before Friday.

Any Senior that would still like to order the BIG Senior Picture, please return your order form to Ms. Denny or Mrs. Heidenrich in the main office by Thursday, Oct. 27th.

Come watch the last swimming duel meet of the season this Wednesday against Zumwalt West as they try to finish an awesome season with a 15-1 record on Senior Night

All cross country runners, there will be an end of season meeting Tuesday, the 25th after school in the guidance office.  Please be in attendance, we will discuss the Banquet, uniforms, and vote.

Any student without a 1st hour class should pick up their report card from the guidance office.

Any students who have not received their student ID or pictures –please come to the Attendance Office.

Do you enjoy trivia games like Jeopardy?  If so, Scholar Quiz Bowl is for you!  Please join us on Tuesday, Oct 25 at 3:30 pm in room 96.  Snacks will be provided!  If you cannot attend the meeting, please see Ms. King in room 96. Our competitions this year are on Tuesdays right after school on the following dates:  November 1st, 15th, and 29th; December 13th; January 10th and 24th; and February 7th and 21st.  Please consider joining our team!  It is a great way to meet people and to have fun!

There will be an Art Club meeting October 25 at 2:30 in room 243.  Please come to get your group picture pass and discuss up coming events. The meeting will last approximately 30 to 45 minutes.

Attention Girl Swimmers–All girls interested in trying out for the swim team this season need to attend an informational meeting Tuesday, November 1st at 2:30 in Coach Thurston’s room (room 113).  The meeting will last until about 3pm and will include all handouts needed to turn in before the first practice on November 14.  Please see Coach Thurston before the meeting if you cannot attend.  Looking forward to seeing all Lady Spartan Swimmers next Tuesday, November 1st!

Come join the fun at the 15th annual DECA volleyball tournament Wednesday, October 26 at 6:00. There will be fun, food, prizes and a rockin’ DJ. The cost is $40. Pick up registration forms from Mr. Cross in room 102. All money and registration is due: Tuesday, October 25th to Mr. Cross in room 102.

Attention all NHS members:

Our next general meeting will take place on Tues, Oct 25th, at 6:55 am in Mrs. Rulo’s room, room 203, and at 2:30 pm in Mrs. MacMillan’s room, room 205.  See you there!

Any students planning on trying out for the wrestling team should pick up paperwork from Coach Cross in room 102. You must have a current physical, parent permission form and impact testing waiver completed to participate. Please have all paperwork completed and turned in to Coach Cross by Thursday October 28th.  Practice begins Monday, October 31st at 2:45 in the wrestling room.

Attention any Junior or Senior interested in nursing with a cumulative 2.75 GPA can apply for a spot to shadow a nurse at Chamberlain College of Nursing. Dates available are November 2, 2011,  Jan 25, March 7,  and May 2, 2012. See Mrs. Breuer in guidance for the application.

Clubs

Science Club

Meets every other week in room 222 at 2:30. Our upcoming meetings are

• Tuesday, Oct. 25
  • Tuesday, Nov. 8
  • Thursday, Nov. 17
  • Tuesday, Nov. 29

Sports

On Tuesdays and Thursdays from now until basketball season begins in November we will be having open gym. Come on out and hoop-it-up this fall, everyone is invited.

The Weight Room (room 008) is open for student use after school –

Hours: MWF 2:35 – 4:30 T TH 2:35 – 4:00.

College Visits

University of Central Missouri 10/25/2

Harris Stowe 10/25/6

Hannibal LaGrange 10/26/3

Webster University 10/28/3

Northern Michigan 10/31/1

Millikin 11/1/6

Missouri Baptist University 11/2/1

Southwest Baptist University 11/7/3

Murray State 11/8/3

Ranken  11/8/6