Nov. 28, 2011

Announcements

Daily announcements will now be available on www.fhctoday.com at the following link: https://www.fhctoday.com/delve/daily-announcements

In addition, these announcements will be available via text message. To get them via text those interested can do the following:

Open a text message

In the message field type: Follow FHCtoday

Send the message to the following number: 40404

Detention is now open and available for students to serve their detentions.

Detentions are every morning at 6:30-7:15.

You may also serve detentions everyday at 2:30 – you must report to the cafeteria on time. Or, you may serve detentions on Saturday from 9:00 – noon.

Are you looking to be involved at FHC? Come join Club 300, we are meeting this Thursday @ 2:30 in room 109. Show your SPARTAN PRIDE. Visit our website at http://club300.webs.com (12/1)

On December 5th breakdownFHC will have a meeting to discuss how to make FHC a better place for our students. We will discuss homerooms and spirit week that will center around Bullying. Come be the change that you want to see in the world. Room 109 @ 2:30. Visit our website at http://breakdownfhc.yolasite.com/ (12/5)

TOYS FOR TOTS!!

When you’re shopping over the next few months, pick up a toy for the Marine’s Toys for Tots Campaign. FHC is an official drop site for the 2nd year in a row. Last year we fill 3 ambulances to the brim! Let’s show the Marines our support again. Please bring in a new, unwrapped toy to donate!

See Ms. Pohlman or any StuCo member for more information.

Ladies – Do you want to find a way to have fun, shop and relax with Mom while donating to a wonderful cause?

FHC Student Council is sponsoring the 1st ever Mother/Daughter Spa and Shopping Day for girls of all ages.

Come and enjoy a manicure, mini-facial, shopping, cake decorating and more. All proceeds will be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation to help us grant the wish of Charlie, our Adopt a Wish 7 year old fighting Cystic Fibrosis. Make his dream of going to Disney World a reality! Come on up January 14th from 1-4 to enjoy a few hours while helping grant his wish!!

See Ms. Pohlman or any StuCo member for more information

Attention to FHC families of current sophomore and junior students. Lewis and Clark Career Center will be at FHC Tuesday, November, 29th to present information about the center. All sophomore students will hear the presentation with their World History classes. If a junior is interested in listening to the presentation, have your student see their counselor Monday to pick up a pass to see the presentation. Please view the following web site for more information about Lewis and Clark http://www.stcharles.k12.mo.us/lewisandclark/. (11/29)

Murray State University (Kentucky) is offering a FREE three week summer program for high achieving high school juniors interested in interdisciplinary learning. Upon completion of the program students will earn 6 hours of university studies credit, have the option to take tuition free university courses during their senior year, and be offered a partial housing scholarship to Murray State if they choose to attend. Students must have a 3.5 GPA and 25 ACT score or higher. Applications are due March1, 2012 and admission is competitive. Applications can be downloaded at http://www.murraystate.edu/cha. (12/10)

Hey Seniors – Listen Up! Did you forget to have your Senior Photo taken with Prestige before the deadline?!

Well don’t despair – Prestige will be on campus for a “Quick Shoot” November 30th from 2:30 -5:30 PM in the Café.

All you need to do is show up – dressed appropriately and you will be able to have your picture taken, this will guarantee your picture in the yearbook and on the class composite that is displayed in our main hallway.

So, don’t forget Senior Quick Shoot November 30th in the Café 2:30 -5:30 PM.

Questions see Mrs. Heidenreich in the main office. (11/30)

Please help local families in need by donating to the Crisis Nursery. The Crisis Nursery provides emergency childcare services and supplies to families in crisis. Please help the Crisis Nursery prevent child abuse by donating to this great cause. We will be accepting donations until December 2nd. Boxes are located in the cafeteria and by the front doors. (12/2)

Do you sing in the shower, or dance when no one’s looking? Don’t keep your talent hidden from the world! Be sure to sign up for Talent Palooza by November 29. Audition packets are available outside room 22 next to the auditorium. Auditions are November 30th and December 1st. Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place including a $100 grand prize! (11/29)

Book Club sign-ups for the 2nd quarter have already begun. This quarter’s selection is Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. Our next meeting will be Wednesday, November 30th during 6th hour. Stop by and sign-up and check out a copy of Shiver today! (11/30)

The nurses are collecting PINK Yoplait yogurt lids. Yoplait will donate 10 cents per lid collected to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. We will be collecting the lids until Dec. 9th. Please help by supporting us in our effort to fight Breast Cancer. (12/9)

FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) Meetings are held on Thursday mornings at 7:00

AM in room 106. Join us for community service, social activities, leadership activities and business news. Ms. Neal, Advisor

“Do you like to dance?! Do you like to challenge yourself by trying new things?! Come tryout for Howell centrals award winning winter guard. We are a competitive dance and flag team that competes all over Missouri. Clinics are the 15th and 17th from 6 pm to 9 pm. Try outs are the 22nd at 6pm. We will meet all three days in the band room. Hope to see you there. “

Clubs

Science Club

Meets every other week in room 222 at 2:30. Our upcoming meetings are

Tuesday, Nov. 29

Sports

The Weight Room (room 008) is open for student use after school –

Hours: MWF 2:35 – 4:30 T TH 2:35 – 4:00.

College Visits

Central Methodist University 12/1/7