Dec. 5, 2011

Announcements

Daily announcements will now be available on www.fhctoday.com at the following link: https://www.fhctoday.com/delve/daily-announcements

In addition, these announcements will be available via text message. To get them via text those interested can do the following:

Open a text message

In the message field type: Follow FHCtoday

Send the message to the following number: 40404

Detention is now open and available for students to serve their detentions.

Detentions are every morning at 6:30-7:15.

You may also serve detentions everyday at 2:30 – you must report to the cafeteria on time. Or, you may serve detentions on Saturday from 9:00 – noon.

Congratulations to the freshman and sophomore wrestling team members who won the Fort Zumwalt West wrestling tournament this past Saturday. The following wrestlers went undefeated for the Spartans while winning the championship: Kyle Mellor, Allen Yu, Devon Enochs, Jeremy Floyd, Joey Ziegler, Mike Renfrow, and Caleb Gossett. Congratulations to all the Spartan Wrestlers! (12/7)

If you see a JV or Varsity Sensation today, please congratulate her on her recent success. Over the weekend, both teams competed at the Yvonne Cole Lindbergh Invitational. JV placed 2nd in their pom division and 2nd in their jazz division. Varsity placed 1st in their hip hop division and 2nd in their jazz division. Additionally, Varsity was awarded with the coveted Most Memorable Routine award from the judges. Their jazz routine beat out over 150 other dances throughout the day to earn this award. Great job ladies! We are proud of you! (12/7)

Be a kid for a day and write a letter to Santa – every letter we send helps the Make-A-Wish Foundation grant a seriously ill child’s wish. We’ll have a table set up next week – so come on up, ask for that new I-Pad or World Peace – it’s free for us, but makes a world of difference to those children waiting for their wish to come true. (12/2)

We are having a Christmas Sale on our Salute to the Military Shirts; they will be half off, $5, with proceeds going to the Midwest Marines Foundation. We have a limited supply with sizes S, M, L, XL and XXL. Please email [email protected] to order yours! (12/9)

On December 5th breakdownFHC will have a meeting to discuss how to make FHC a better place for our students. We will discuss homerooms and spirit week that will center around Bullying. Come be the change that you want to see in the world. Room 109 @ 2:30. Visit our website at http://breakdownfhc.yolasite.com/ (12/5)

TOYS FOR TOTS!!

When you’re shopping over the next few months, pick up a toy for the Marine’s Toys for Tots Campaign. FHC is an official drop site for the 2nd year in a row. Last year we fill 3 ambulances to the brim! Let’s show the Marines our support again. Please bring in a new, unwrapped toy to donate!

See Ms. Pohlman or any StuCo member for more information.

Ladies – Do you want to find a way to have fun, shop and relax with Mom while donating to a wonderful cause?

FHC Student Council is sponsoring the 1st ever Mother/Daughter Spa and Shopping Day for girls of all ages.

Come and enjoy a manicure, mini-facial, shopping, cake decorating and more. All proceeds will be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation to help us grant the wish of Charlie, our Adopt a Wish 7 year old fighting Cystic Fibrosis. Make his dream of going to Disney World a reality! Come on up January 14th from 1-4 to enjoy a few hours while helping grant his wish!! See Ms. Pohlman or any StuCo member for more information

Murray State University (Kentucky) is offering a FREE three week summer program for high achieving high school juniors interested in interdisciplinary learning. Upon completion of the program students will earn 6 hours of university studies credit, have the option to take tuition free university courses during their senior year, and be offered a partial housing scholarship to Murray State if they choose to attend. Students must have a 3.5 GPA and 25 ACT score or higher. Applications are due March 1, 2012 and admission is competitive. Applications can be downloaded at http://www.murraystate.edu/cha. (12/10)

The nurses are collecting PINK Yoplait yogurt lids. Yoplait will donate 10 cents per lid collected to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. We will be collecting the lids until Dec. 9th. Please help by supporting us in our effort to fight Breast Cancer. (12/9)

FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) Meetings are held on Thursday mornings at 7:00AM in room 106. Join us for community service, social activities, leadership activities and business news. Ms. Neal, Advisor

Clubs

Science Club

Meets every other week in room 222 at 2:30.

Sports

The Weight Room (room 008) is open for student use after school –

Hours: MWF 2:35 – 4:30 T TH 2:35 – 4:00.

College Visits

Central Methodist University 12/1/7

Universal Technical Institute 1/18/6

St Charles Community College 1/31/3