Spiking Success

Every freshman athlete dreams of making varsity; the highest, most challenging level of competition in high school athletics. But the freshmen, or C-Team, shares plenty of qualities with varsity, and can be just as challenging and fun. One of FHC’s newest volleyball players, Aspen Releford, believes that playing on the C-Team has given her many opportunities to play at a different level and in a different atmosphere than on her previous volleyball teams, as well as given her the chance to have new experiences.

“[Playing at the] highschool level for the first time is very fun,” Releford said, “I think it’s got a very competitive side to it, and there’s definitely times when it can be challenging.”

Through the season, the team has overcome the learning curve of new teammates, new coaches, and a new level of competition, and their effort shows at every game. And though the volleyball season is nearing an end, the team still has opportunities left to show off their new skill levels. There are still games to play, experiences to be had, and things to learn for every team within the sport, on and off the court.