Band prepares for concert, future school year, musical

The St. Charles West Jazz Festival—in which the jazz combo, jazz ensemble and jazz band performed—on April 15 and 16 resulted in victories. The jazz combo and jazz ensemble both received second place in their division and jazz band placed first in its.

“It was a very successful day,” said Band Director Nathan Griffin.

Success is what the band is trying to achieve for the spring concerts, which are quickly approaching. The concerts are set for May 10 and 11, beginning at 7 p.m. and lasting for about an hour.

“[The spring concerts] will not only feature our wonderful students but some faculty as well,” said Mr. Griffin.

Students are also being featured in ‘Suesical: the Musical.” Preparation for the “Suessicial” is still taking place, with many band students participating in the pit orchestra.

The Spartan Regiment is also beginning preparation for next fall. A minicamp is scheduled to take place on Saturday, May 7 for all newcomers. This includes freshmen, in order to get the upcoming year off to a good start.