St. Charles League meeting spells start of Scholar Quiz Bowl

The gears for Scholar Quiz Bowl get up and running next Tuesday, Sept. 13. Coaches from all reaches of the St. Charles League will be meeting to discuss scheduling for matches and base guidelines of such matches throughout the year, in addition to welcoming a new coach from Timberland High School.

Last year, all competitions took place after school every other Tuesday night, with the competitions rotating from high school to high school. As of yet, the coaches from across the league seem to be very open to conforming to whatever changes necessary in order to make this a successful year of scholar quiz bowl.

“There have been several options thrown out there, but a decision has yet to be made. Because of the many different obstacles of scheduling, we might be looking at a new competition format—there is a strong possibility that our matches this year are going to be extremely different,” said Francis Howell Central Scholar Quiz Bowl Coach Sharon King.

After the St. Charles League meeting, our Francis Howell Central Scholar Quiz Bowl team will meet in room 96 either Sept. 15 or 20.