Finding a place

With Homecoming right around the corner, I have been reminded yet again of just how many clubs, sports, and other extracurricular activities we have here at Francis Howell Central.

As we approach the weekend of the parade, game, and dance, everyone is gathering their groups together for each event.

Clubs hurry to finalize their float plans for the parade, students decide who they’ll stand with while cheering for blue and silver, and groups are organized for pictures and dinner before the dance.

In the past year, the teachers at Francis Howell Central have agreed to sponsor even more extracurricular activities, including, but not limited to, a step team, hacky sack club, and GSA.

My point in all of this, is that there are so many ways in which we can surround ourselves with others similar to ourselves. By doing so, we can find acceptance, and in acceptance, happiness. All you need is a group to get involved with, and people similar to yourself which you can have a good time with and get support from.

In the event that the school doesn’t have something for you, the possibilities are still endless. The community we live in offers numerous ways to get out there and find a place for yourself. (see Amy Sweeney’s Blog)

Once you find a place you belong, happiness is sure to follow. Surrounding yourself with others like you is sure to increase your confidence in who you are, and what you can do.

One of my mottos is ‘confidence is key.’ I believe that confidence is essential if you want to be happy. Without confidence in who you are, you cannot be free to act upon your dreams, be open with yourself, and truly explore who you were meant to be.

Human beings are social creatures, and as such we need positive support from and interaction with each other in order to live our lives to the fullest.

Through others we can find the strength to be different, and be ourselves.