Ready or not, here they come

With the state cheerleading competition approaching fast, the cheerleaders have been working hard to perfect and polish their routine. Having a limited number of only six practices to prepare this year, they had to practice extremely hard. Senior Alyssia McGoogan feels like six practices is just not enough time to properly ready the squad for state.

“I feel like It’s not enough for us to be comfortable with our routine but we just have to work with what we got,” said McGoogan.

The state competition takes place on the October 21st and the squad is really kicking it into gear and working as a team to pull this all together. Aware of this minor setback ,junior Shelbi Ello still has great amounts of faith in her team.

“I feel like we weren’t given a lot of time to prepare for state but our squad has the skill and the desire to give it all we got,” said Ello.

Due to a unanimous vote among the team last year, they did not attend the state competition. But that has not hindered the team; if anything it has made the competition more highly anticipated by the squad. Senior Nicole Kuhlmann is looking forward to this years competition.

“I’m really excited because it’s my senior year, and my last chance to cheer with my squad at state,” said Kuhlmann. “I love our routine, and as long as we work out our stunts we’ll be fine.”

The squad intends to continue working on their routine in order to be successful at the state competition.