Parson, Dieckhaus inducted into Hall of Fame

This year, two more Francis Howell Central alumni are being inducted into the “Spartan Athletic Hall of Fame.” Mike Parson, class of 2005, and Steve Dieckhaus, class of 2008, were selected by a committee of 13 coaches and administrators that have been at FHC since the school first opened, according to Activities Director Scott Harris.

“We currently discuss their high school and college career achievements, with more weight currently being placed on their high school achievements and citizenship,” Harris said of the committee’s discussions.

Parson is being inducted into the “Spartan Athletic Hall of Fame” for his outstanding achievements in high school, Harris said. While at FHC, Parson played basketball from 2001-2005 and also played baseball from 2002-2005. Parson is the career record holder for most field goals made, most 3-pointers made and most points scored. In baseball, Parson was first team All-State his senior year and is the school record holder in career runs scored as well as career wins as a pitcher.

While at Central, Dieckhaus played football from 2004-2007 and wrestled from 2004-2008. In football, Dieckhaus was a two-time All-GAC Conference performer. Dieckhaus went 51-1 as a Heavyweight and became the first state champion in the school’s history. He also helped the team to a 2nd consecutive state trophy when they finished 2nd in Class 4 his senior year.

Dieckhaus is being inducted on Friday, Dec. 21, during the wrestling “Night of Champions” at 5:45 p.m. Parson will be inducted on Friday, Jan. 4, 2013 before the boys basketball game at 7:30 p.m.