Sensational performance

This weekend, the Sensations competed at Lindbergh High School against top schools in the area. They performed their jazz and hip hop routines and left with first place in hip hop, beating their top competitor, Francis Howell. They also placed third in jazz and received recognition as the most memorable routine for their hip hop dance.

“After we came off from both dances, we were really pumped,” said junior Claire Richardson. “We knew we did really good.”

The Sensations have been working on these dances since August, investing countless practices into their routines.

“So much work has been put into practices and I couldn’t be more proud,” said team captain, senior Alicia Pavia.

The team was emotional, yet ecstatic, after their performances. They performed their jazz dance at 8:30 a.m. and their hip hop at 3:30 p.m.

“It was one of the best feelings ever,” said Pavia. “Knowing that the team left everything on the floor and gave it their all was absolutely amazing.”

Practices will continue to prepare for the Sensations’ next competition at St. Charles High School on Jan. 26 and nationals.

“We will work hard on the road to nationals,” said Pavia.