A message from an unexpected source

Recently, I found an amazing band, which, in my opinion, is the best band around. When shuffling through songs on iHeartRadio, the song “All Around Me,” by Flyleaf came on. Most of the time I skip a song if I don’t like the title or if I don’t know it, but for some reason, I didn’t skip this song; I’m glad that I decided to listen to it, too. The song, which sounded like hard rock, immediately captured my attention. Part of the reason I didn’t skip the song is because I like hard rock, but the other part is that it sounded seemingly familiar.

About 20 seconds into it, the words, “My hands are searching for you. My arms are outstretched towards you,” started to form in my head as they were sung by the most beautiful female singing voice I have ever heard. The melody was very much hard rock, but it had a watered-down aspect to it. About another 40 seconds into the song, I knew that I had heard the song before, and I was hooked. The chorus, which was, “I can feel you all around me. Thickening the air I’m breathing. Holding on to what I’m feeling. Savoring this heart that’s healing,” was perfect for my ears; The beat got more intense but it still kept a mellow melody to it. As I was listening to the song, I thought the lyrics were about a boy or someone the writer loved, as most songs do. I listened to the song at least five times more, each time, falling more and more in love with it.

I got curious about the band Flyleaf and the meaning of the song, which I usually do with songs I like and don’t know, and looked them up. I found out the lead singer’s name was Lacey Sturm and that the song was about something I never thought it would be about: God. I also found out that the band Flyleaf was a Christian hard rock band. Before this, I never had heard of a Christian hard rock band before and, frankly, I think they are awesome whether they were a religious band or not. I went on to look up many more of their songs like, “Again,” “Chasm,” “Missing,” and many others. All of the songs had some Christian meaning or message, and seeing how I am a new Christian, I know the timing of me finding this band wasn’t an accident.

Unfortunately, Lacey had to quit Flyleaf because of her newborn son. The new singer, named Kristen May, will pick up where Lacey left off this year. I am willing to give this new singer a chance and I hope it’s worth the wait!

If you have any questions about me or my new love of the band Flyleaf, you can follow or contact me on Twitter and Instagram at @UltmtNarutoFan1. Here is the link to “All Around Me” by Flyleaf for anyone who is interested in the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN0FFK8JSYE