FCCLA plans for parade, Lee Denim Day

Family Career Consumer Leaders of America (FCCLA) has a lot of upcoming activities that are being planned for the school and for research.

The 2009 homecoming parade is being held on Thursday, Sept. 24th, and the FCCLA crew is gearing up for the float that is being assembled at the Cottleville Fire Department. They spent part of the afternoon on the 19th getting a head start on the float.

Members are basing the trailer off of the masquerade theme from the dance and are making huge masks to be put on the float itself.

On Oct. 2nd, there is going to be a Lee Denim Day held at FHC. There will be shirts on sale for 10 dollars each. Every one who purchases a shirt should wear some sort of denim jeans with the T-shirt on that day. The donations will then be given to the research that is being held for Breast Cancer.

“This is a great idea. It shows that people actually care enough to make donations to support this cause,” said Stephanie Rhea, freshmen.

FCCLA is also planning a Fall Festival in O’Fallon sometime in October. More details to come.