The Final Stride

Looking to extend their season for a final week the boys and girls cross country team competed at their district meet. On Oct. 28 the boys season came to an end but will be able to build off of the young team during track season and next year. The girls’ team was able to extend their season and qualify a team. Junior Reese McDevitt, Senior Laney Parmeley, Senior Camrin Watkins, and Freshman Noel Rice all placed in the top 30 to individually qualify. The fifth runner, Sophomore Aubrey Devore, had a crucial role in qualifying the team as a whole. Devore commented on how she is excited to compete with her team on the state course in Columbia, Missouri. 

Being able to be apart of a state qualifier team she is “excited to see what place we [finish]” and she is ready to “to run as a team and show how far we have made it” Devore said.  

The girls compete on Nov. 4 at 2 pm on Mizziou’s home course. Competing in class 5 with packed competition the team is looking to place top 10 and have some individual medalists. The team will have a parade of athletes to congratulate their accomplishments on Nov. 3 during the school day.