The Concert Craze

Different students throughout FHC enjoy different genres of musicians who have visited St. Louis
+The+singer+SZAs+opening+credits+before+her+concert.
Kailey Pallares
The singer SZA’s opening credits before her concert.

Throughout the summer, early fall and now almost entering winter, many different bands and artists have visited St. Louis during their respective tours, or plan to be visiting soon. The concert surge in a post-COVID world that was entirely concert-less has been big, showing the love many students have for their favorite artists, no matter the genre. 

Junior Antonio Peyton saw the singer Sza at the Enterprise Stadium during her SOS Tour in early October, and describes it to be one of his favorite memories he has made. Her powerful voice, lyricism, and stage presence allures her fans in ways other performers might be unable too.

“Seeing Sza was incredible. I had seats that were super close to the stage, so I got an amazing view and had the best experience. She’s from St. Louis so the show felt a little more special and personal, and she brought out Sexy Redd, a rapper from St. Louis as well,” Peyton said. “Sza just has such a beautiful voice, it’s hard not to love her or her music.”

Senior Jackson Squires took a trip down to the Dome to see the heavy metal band ‘Metallica’ this month, where the band performed two back-to-back shows in St. Louis. The heavy metal genre catches the attention of many different kinds of people in many different age ranges, but remains timeless as one of the most popular bands of all time.

“I enjoy all types of music, and I can go from listening to heavy metal to reggae in a split second,” Squires said. “The openers for Metallica were a lot more ‘hardcore’ I’d say, but Metallica itself was an amazing show. They played some of my favorites such as ‘For Whom The Bell Tolls’, which really built up the vibe in the stadium.” 

On Halloween, rapper Lil Yachty performed at The Pageant in the Delmar Loop, where sophomore Jonah Forno was in attendance. Yachty released an album earlier this year for the first time since 2020, so fans were especially excited when he announced he’d be touring.

“I had a lot of fun at his concert, a lot of people came in costume too since it was Halloween. The energy between him and the crowd was insane, and everyone was having fun hearing him perform,” Forno said. “He even performed some of his throwback songs like “ISpy” and “Broccoli”, which everyone went crazy for.”

This concert craze that has swept over the students of FHC remains one of the best ways for people to explore different types of music, or support the people we all listen to on our playlists.

“We are all music fans and we all love music, let’s all have fun and experience the music together.” Squires said.