NHS project dates for second semester

This week, National Honor Society invitations went out to 131 students in the school. The applications will be due on Thursday, March 10. In the coming weeks, NHS members can part take in many events for their volunteer hours.This Saturday, ten members can volunteer at the Oasis Food Pantry starting around 12:30 p.m. On Friday, Feb. 25, NHS will be holding its annual fundraiser at Chevy’s. NHS Sponsor Tiffany MacMillan setup a bingo game at Breeze Park Senior Living Community where NHS members can play with the senior citizens, which will take place on Saturday, March 5.

“I’m really excited to do this because I want the senior citizens to feel like they haven’t been forgotten,” Mrs. MacMillan said.

Officer applications for next year will be due on March 3 to Mrs. MacMillan in room 205. Applicants will have to make a speech during both meetings in the morning and the afternoon on March 8. There are volunteers still needed for National Junior Honor Society Induction ceremony at Saeger Middle School on May 4. On March 3, scholarship applications are due to Mrs. Dena Rulo in room 203.

Mission Clean Stream will happen on April 2 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. where members will be going to the many creeks in the city of Cottleville and clean up any trash or garbage found. If members sign up by March 20, they will get a free T-shirt. The next NHS meeting will be on Feb. 22.