NHS begins to wrap up year

As the school year enters the fourth quarter, activities are starting to wind down for the National Honor Society. On April 16 some students will have the opportunity to go to the St. Louis Crisis Nursery and spend time with the kids there. NHS will be hosting another fundraiser at Dairy Queen on April 13 from 4- 9 p.m. Members will need to bring their receipt to NHS Sponsor Tiffany MacMillan in room 205 if they want points. Many members went and played bingo with senior citizens at Breeze Point Retirement Center on March 5. Another chance to go back is coming up on April 23 from 1-3 p.m.

“We still don’t know who is going to be in NHS next year, but I am excited about the prospects of what we can do next year in the community,” Mrs. MacMillan said.

Cottleville’s Operation Clean Stream project is happening on April 2 where members can go out and help pick up trash and clean out the creaks in the Cottleville area. For those who still want to participate need to fill out a waiver form and turn it in to room 205 before the event. The induction ceremony for new members next year will be on May 5. NHS’s next meeting is on April 12 in room 205.