Getting Back on Track

On Sept. 20, the Spartan Regiment came together in the evening to review the latest additions to their current marching show, ‘All Aboard,’ featuring the hit song “Crazy Train” by Ozzy Osbourne. The band had just competed in the Howell Invitational band competition the previous week, determined to win and place first. While determined, the band fell short and placed second overall. One of the Regiment’s two drum majors, Sean Latta, shares his opinion on how the previous competition affected the Band, and how it has helped them improve overall.

“Well, that was the first competition where we had a really challenging band to go up against, and that was really cool, that band being Laffayette,” Latta said. It kinda just put it into perspective that even though we’ve put in hours and hours of work there’s still so much that we need to do, and I think that’s going to help us improve because it’s just a reality check, like, ‘Hey, there’s a higher level to everything that you could be doing right now.”

The Spartan Regiment will take on its next challenge on Oct. 7, where they will be competing in the Washington Marching Festival.